Tuesday, April 02, 2024

WM allotment time again





Juno and I are just back from a lovely evening walk thanks to the clock change at the weekend and we are soaked again. It really is the biggest pile of poo at the moment, the constant rain, heavy rain. I've lit the wood burner in the utility room for us to dry off but I am almost unable to express just how crap it is.

For example, having cycled to the allotment, I decided to come back a different way due to the ongoing works at Three Cross. That took me up Slough Lane and through the golf course. I anticipated some puddles and mud but it was so extensive. The back wheen was just turning without gripping and I was sliding all over which meant having to get off and walk, getting soaked feet at the same time. Such a shame because it was still dry then and an enjoyable ride.

I wasn't at the allotment for long due to the wet soil but wanted to check my spinach, rocket, parsley and coriander seedlings and they seem to be ok. Not thriving yet but alive. The main task was weeding the strawberries and that went well. Very pleased with that. I also dug up a few leeks and they were so tasty in a leek and cheese sauce to go with the mash tonight. One to do another time for sure. 

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...