Tuesday, April 02, 2024

Rallies




The Easter weekend seems to have been the signal for gatherings of people with similar interests and it came to the fore on Sunday when I was out on my bike. I was astonished to see a convoy of over 30 tractors heading through Haythorne and a merry bunch they looked, especially when set against the second group I came across later whilst walking Juno.

This time it was a long line of pony and trap combinations, well over 20 of them trotting by and that one I was less enamoured of, the whips flying and a noticeable lack of smiles compared to the earlier procession which was like a family get together. This was a surliness of drivers and their passengers and they seemed quite content to force the car drivers at their rear to wait and wait.

We had a lovely family day yesterday with all the children and their families coming along which was fun. And the promised rain largely held off too. Bonus.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...