Sunday, March 31, 2024

Submerged




 

I could not believe the fields next to the allotment had disappeared! We are next to the river Stour and it does flood but I have never seen it anywhere near the allotment itself. It should have been unsurprising in many ways, given the weather but Saturday was actually a nice day.

The night before had taken an unexpected turn with a meeting up at Remedy Oak brewery, one intended to agree the band playing a gig there in return for some sponsorship for the festival. It would be no surprise to include a couple of drinks in the visit but it turned into a little more than that. Bridie and her friends and Joseph walked up with me and then we met up with Glen and his friends. They had already been drinking all afternoon, so it became a case of being invited to the pub next and before I knew it, Jack Daniels and a live band became the order of the day. I did drag myself away before it got too much and I was very pleased the following morning to benefit from some rare good sense.

I have dug over three more beds and mowed the grass. I also got the broad beans and garlic weeded, much needed in the case of the garlic. All looking good and a productive few hours.


No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...