Sunday, March 17, 2024

Weekend update





I thought it might be worth capturing an image of the sun incase we never see it again!

Saturday morning was bright and a little chilly, just right for a dog walk around the golf course. I was quickly out again, this time on the road bike headed for the Wimborne allotment and it was decidedly chilly. However, just over halfway, I had to turn round as I'd forgotten the shed key and would be left unable to do anything worthwhile whilst there.

I decided to drive the motorhome instead and took a plank of wood from the shed to cut into shelves at the allotment shed, along with some compost and the seed box. It was lovely once there, the shelves going up easily and having time to plant a few broad bens, peas and spinach to germinate in the warmth of the shed. 

It was also possible to clear another of the beds, so it is all starting to come together, ready for the spring proper.

By Saturday afternoon I was off into Bournemouth to collect Maria who was with a friend having had a sleepover the night before. Alison and I were absolutely knackered and were in bed by 9!

Today has been wet again, and I had to have all the wet gear on for the dog walk, three miles trespassing on the golf course. I'm preparing Sunday dinner which we'll have once Maria is back from dance at 1.30. Glen is over, along with Joseph, Joe, Kate, Amelia and Evie. Having to do lots and lots of potatoes!


 

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...