Thursday, March 21, 2024

March springs forward










I managed to get to another film yesterday, this time One Love, the feature about Bob Marley, and I found it engaging, especially as so much of it touched on the conflict in Jamaica leading to his shooting which I had read about, and because of the connection with punk. There was even a performance of Whote Riot by The Clash featured in the film. Loved the music and I found Redemption Song incredibly moving. I was quite emotional listening to it.

On the way back I stopped at the allotment and did some more preparation for the sowing season. The photos show the tools up and the potting bench with some pots and seeds.

Today, Alison and I dropped Joy off at Denewood and went for a walk. I popped over  the road to the WM allotment for half an hour whilst Joy settled and that gave me time to rake over three of the raised beds which have had manure on over the winter. It is ready for the seedlings in the conservatory to be planted out.

From there we headed to Hinton Martell and did a 2.5 mile walk to Chalbury and back. It was pretty sticky in places after all the rain but it was a lovely walk with Juno, up to the church and back round on the road. The views were spectacular, including all the way over the Kingston Lacy, some 5 or 6 miles distant. 

It was a real treat to see so many spring flowers and plenty of bird song too. About time!

I did an 8 mile bike ride in the afternoon and am showing signs of speeding up again. Starting to hit some better fitness levels again.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...