Thursday, March 14, 2024

Three red kites



I am sure no one else would  be excited by this, especially when looking at the underwhelming photos, but we had three red kites fly over the house yesterday. There was a time when they were no longer present in England but they have been reintroduced successfully. They were birds we'd see by the major roads near Newbury for example and more recently, they have been around locally. I've not seen them from the house though, particularly as a group of three.

The reason I was out there was a bit of hedge cutting and I got the lawn done too. All looking neat and tidy and plenty of spring flowers appearing. The main exercise was a 10 mile bike ride to Moors Valley and back which was fine. 

I have been down to Verwood for a bit of shopping and a trip to the library today, cleaned the bike afterwards too, as wel as have a 3.6 mile run through Remedy Oak. There's actually been a bit of sunshine.

Last night I took Maria to dance for 4.45 which saw her at another session preparing for the Easter show, a long one too, not finishing until 10.00. That gave me the opportunity to go on to Cineworld and to watch Wicked Little Letters, which was pretty good, not quite what I'd hoped for given the cast, and then to see most of Origin. I enjoyed that and found the ideas interesting.


No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...