Tuesday, March 26, 2024

W allotment March 26th




Another grabbed few minutes at the allotment again, this time with a view to picking up the seed tin which I'd left yesterday but also in order to plant a whole two early potatoes. I'd seen someone planting single spuds in a container with the intention of using them in about 10 weeks time, so I thought I'd give it a go. There are more to plant in the usual beds but should be a nice experiment.

I also planted a few more herbs in the shed but spent most time preparing one of the beds before putting in the remaining shaloots and onion sets, having planted the others at the WM allotment.

That apart, more rain later in the day but still time for 3.5 mile run, 6 miles of walking and cooking up a chilli, hummus and a bean salad.

No comments:

Digging for the harvesting

I was completely wiped out after yesterday's exertions with a run, dog walks and then a few hours at W allotment digging over beds ready...