Thursday, March 28, 2024

Rain, endless rain



I often moan about the weather in this blog and I am afraid today is going to be more of the same. In fact yesterday I managed to dodge the showers whilst out for a 12 mile ride which took in a visit to the cemetery as the birthday of Natasha and Robin come closer.  I spent most of my time at Moors Valley which was virtually empty with the poor weather keeping people away.

Alison and I went to the cinema, this time to watch Dune Part 2 and we enjoyed the spectacle. The plot isn't too convincing and maybe the middle section sagged a little, but the overall impression was of an epic adventure which was best seen on the screen. Some great performances too.

With Joy having her hair done in Verwood this morning, I took the opportunity to go for a run around Verwood, this after getting pretty wet already with the walk with Juno at 7am. It wasn't long before the rain hammered down and I was completely and utterly soaked through. I managed 5km but it wasn't nice and I was finding myself cursing the awful weather again. It just seems endless and I am fed up, more than fed up with it. I would move south in a flash to warmer, drier climes if I could. There was hail too. It is just so miserable and I am hacked off with it going on and on and on and on...

No comments:

Digging for the harvesting

I was completely wiped out after yesterday's exertions with a run, dog walks and then a few hours at W allotment digging over beds ready...