Tuesday, March 12, 2024


Another wet start to the day meant a shorter dog walk than usual this morning but I was soon out again, this time on a rain soaked run through Remedy Oak. I did a little over 3.5 miles after yesterday's 4 mile run which puts me on track for the new weekly target figure of 14 miles a week, adjusted up by a couple of miles, along with the aim of 18 miles walking, up from 25 a week. By the end of today, I have over 10 miles done thanks to more dog walking but also a walk down to the allotment from Maria's school and back, including a detour into town to buy some vegetables.

I put up the new tool store rack which tidies up the spades and rakes etc, as well as the mower. That creates a little more space too which will allow me to potter with the seeds and so on. Almost all set up inside now but just a couple of shelves to go up yet, this time for the pots to be put out for the seedlings to grow inside before being transplanted outside.

It was a two trip journey to Wimborne today, Maria having woken up late and needing a lift in this morning and then collecting in order to make it to dance with time for some food. She is very busy getting ready for the easter show, as well as preparing for GCSEs which get going with Drama and Dance next week. 

In between times I have made a big lasagne which has aubergine and courgette in it, as well as the usual tomate sauce. That is going with some chips, garlic bread and a few frozen onion rings which I got in case Maria liked them. She did not. I have also done a salad and a kind of tapenade which is chopped capers, olives, garlic, tomato and olive oil. It tastes good, as least to me.


No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...