Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Allotment visit



It finally stopped raining so I planned a ride to the allotment at West Moors but when it came to it, boy was it cold instead. And windy too!! Nevertheless, I got on the bike and braved the several huge puddles which punctuated the pathways. It wasn't too bad, although I did feel the wind pushing me into the road on occasion.

Once at the allotment, I almost waded through the path to the padlocked gate and found myself the only person on site, not surprisingly. With water squelching as I made my way to the far end where my plot is, I was quicly aware there wasn't much point in doing anything other than checking how things looked. It was far too wet for any work and I just took a couple of photos to record how the broad beans and garlic were looking after autumn sowing, and then a longer shot to note how the beds looked. I am pleased to see the beds are well manured and won't take a lot of preparation once the warmer weather arrives. Hope it comes soon!

Once home, Alison and I set up the conservatory so the seedlings can be placed on the shelving system and it was noticeably warmer in there with the sunshine beaming down but the cold wind excluded.

We have coriander, parsley, lettuce, spinach and rocket on the go. I am not having any luck with sweet peas as yet but there are more to try. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...