Saturday, February 24, 2024

Bloody rain



It seems to have been raining all week again, maybe the whole of February, which means I have struggled to get all my miles done. However, I will have walked and run the target miles this week, falling short in the bike riding only. I was off the main paths in the golf course and noticed a heron flying up from what is usually a very small stream. The photo shows it in full spate with plenty of mud being churned up as the banks empty into the ditch.

The front door cost us yesterday. Having been to the cinema on Thursday evening to watch Strangers All of Us, which was excellent, we returned home to find the front door key had become stuck in the lock. There was no shifting it and it took a proper locksmith to get the whole mess sorted out, at a cost of just under £300! For a while we'd had to use the back door as a means of getting out and it seemed like a long walk round! 

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...