Sunday, January 21, 2024

Targets reached

I started the day running with Juno so that I completed my weekly target for running, followed by a short bike ride in order to complete that target too. I have set myself the intention of walking 25 miles, riding 5 and running 12 miles each week and this is the first time I have met the running and cycling measures.

The walking one has proved easy enough so far but a combination of really awful weather and illness have meant getting the other two done has been impossible. Take yesterday's fall as an example of the barriers, the freezing conditions making it treacherous to run or cycle on the road. My determination to get it done this week made me push things a bit more than I should have, so I do need to be a little circumspect.

We have caught up on Traitors and are enjoying this series as much as the first, and we also caught up with the film, Maestro featuring Bradley Cooper and Carey Mulligan. In fact we are using our Unlimited membership of Cineworld to good effect too with visits to Wonka, Saltburn, Godzilla minus 1 and Poor Things so far. We've enjoyed all of them and Alison is going to watch Poor Things tomorrow so I am going again. That will be the first time I have seen a film twice at the cinema since the release of Live and Let Die in the 70s when you could just sit in your seat and watch the next showing without paying. Not entirely sure that was allowed officially but it means that is probably my favourite Bond film.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...