Saturday, January 20, 2024

Bike ride and fall


After a long morning walk of 4 miles with Juno, I headed out on the road bike for the first time in 2024 and headed towards Wimborne St Giles and beyond. The weather was less cold than it has been of late but there were grey skies as the ice began to thaw ahead of the forecast storm tomorrow.

It was such a pleasure being on the bike and I saw my first snowdrops of the year in Edmondsham and noticed several signs of oncoming spring in the behaviour and plumage of the birds. The local rivers were swollen and several patches of road were slushy with ice and water, causing me to slow right down. However, on the way back I rode through a bigger patch and slid over at very low speed causing a bit of grazing to my right knee and a bang on the elbow which has left me with a dull pain the right shoulder. Nothing too much at all but a reminder to me, again of my propensity to hurt myself when not exercising due care!

There were plenty of raptors out and about with two kestrels, a buzzard and a red kite all around the River Allen which flows through Wimborne St Giles.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...