Friday, January 19, 2024

Brass monkey weather






It was a very cold start to the day when Juno and I set off before 7.30 for a long stroll down to Dewlands Common. We did a 3.7 mile circuit and I felt the cold this time, although not so much in my shorts covered legs. I hadn't got enough layers on top and felt the chill. It was glorious watching the sun rise and to see the hard frost. Very welcome after such a mild winter.

Once home, we got ready for a run and this time we did 3.4 miles together, taking us out to Slough Lane and back. It was chilly but running meant it was less affecting.

I've now got the utility room wood burner going and will light the front room fire later, just to give that sense of cosiness. 

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...