Friday, January 19, 2024

Garden Centre



In spite of the cold, I took Joy for a drive to the garden centre so I could pick up a bag of seed compost which is going to help me start off the sweet pea seeds. I've not tried these before, so something new and now is a good time to start apparently. Joy had a lovely slab of coffee and walnut cake, doing her usual protestations about it being far too much for her and it then disappearing over the next five minutes. She and Robin have a good deal in common, both claiming to have small appetites but an enormous capacity for cake and puddings!

We have a new shed arriving next week and the intention is to get it to Wimborne for the allotment to replace the tool store which is not secure, nor is it in good enough condition to keep the rain out. The shed will allow for more storage, provide room for some seeds to be planted in pots, give me shelter from the rain and allow Joy somewhere to sit when she comes for a trip out.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...