Friday, November 24, 2023

Another night out






Bridie and I made the trip to Southampton for the women's football match between Saints and Arsenal which turned out a 2 - 1 victory for the visitors. It was a good game to watch with good skills on show, genuine excitement and a record crowd for the Saints women. I'd looked online earlier and seen they were getting about 4000 people watching, a 60% increase, which was good to see but this time there were 13400 people in the crowd. That's more than Bournemouth can get in their Premier League ground and not far short of Argyle's capacity, so not bad for a Thursday game and evidence of the growing popularity of women's football. I'd go again, no problem.

Earlier in the day, I had taken a break from running which I have done for three days in a row at 5km each time, and was on the bike for my longest ride of the year without stopping. It was just under 10 miles which is not far at all really but it was lovely without having to watch the battery or get frustrated with the assistance from the motor. An electric bike is all well and good but I much prefer the road bike. It looks so much nicer too.

I rode to Remedy Oak and on to Wimborne St Giles before swinging round by Knowlton Church and up Kings Lane before home. It was beautiful and, although slow at just over 12mph average, an indication of where I might get to as I recover my cycling fitness.


 

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...