Thursday, November 23, 2023

Wimborne allotment





Alison and I went to Wimborne for a bit of Christmas shopping but took the opportunity to do  a bit at the allotment too. I cut the grass for the final time in 2023 and enjoyed seeing the site look pretty tidy with the garlic and broad beans doing very well ahad of overwintering.

What was even better was picking some beetroot, carrots, turnips and greens, all of which got cooked for tea or to go with salad during the week. I roasted the carrots and turnip along with some squash we'd picked from the allotment a few weeks back, and it tasted great with some fennel seeds.

In the evening we went to watch Napoleon and it was very disappointing. Neither of us enjoyed it at all, which was a bit of a surprise but it was nice to get an evening out.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...