Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Allotment update Nov 28th



It was a much improved day for sunshine yesterday and I managed to go for a 5km run with Juno before heading to Wimborne where I parked at the school and walked into town. From there I headed to the allotment where I picked more greens, turnips and carrots. The beetroot is still going but it doesn't taste as nice now the cold has got to it.

Other than weeding, the main task was to sort out the compost heap which has been piled high over the growing season. I found I had covered it with carpet previously and then heaped stuff on top which meant I had a nice pile of compost underneath. Also there was a family of mice who had dug little tunnels and popped out and scattered as I turned the soil over. I expect they will settle back in now I have put the carpet back on and will be leaving it to rot down further.


 

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...