Friday, September 08, 2023

September heatwave


It's been fantastic weather for the past few days, although not to everyone's liking with it being so hot. I have been running each day lately and did 5km in the morning yesterday and came home absolutely drenched in sweat with the temperature already high at 9am. It's cooler in the early morning and today Juno and I walked towards the gravel pits with the sun rising and low lying mist patches in the fields. Much easier than the later walk in the woods which was warm despite the shade.

It' hedge cutting time again but I have also been cooking ready for later, a macaroni cheese dish for Maria who will be at dance straight after school, and a lasagne for the rest of us once Alison is back from the dance run. I'm then taking Joseph to football training 6.15 - 7.15 before we can take a rest. 

In the meantime I have stepped back from my role on the village hall committee in view of the time needed with Joy and in managing The Ragwormers. I'm keeping busy with that too, organising dates for rehearsal and recording, as well as sorting out the upcoming headline slot in Southampton which I want the boys to prepare for by doing a ticketed event in Bournemouth. 

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...