Thursday, September 28, 2023

Autumn





I had a lovely three mile walk across Crane Valley golf course yesterday, ending up on Dewlands Common where you could see the trees changing right in front of you. Autumn leaves are increasingly evident and I am starting to rake the cherry tree leaves up and will do so until the end of November, if previous years are any guide.

The promised storm was mild here with just a few squalls of rain and a bit of a wind now and again. However, with Joseph home from school unwell, I got on with kitchen chores and did a vegan sponge cake and raspberry crumble. Only one of them had raspberries from the allotment and garden but the other had blackberry jam made here, so not too bad overall.

Masses of butternut squash is ready for picking and I brought home 4 the other day, plus a marrow and 2 courgettes, proper carrots, greens beetroot. There are lots of potatoes too.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...