Thursday, November 17, 2022

Turned out wet again




There has been so much rain lately the small river that trickles along in our local woods has become something of a torrent. I managed to grab a walk in there during the morning but the other walks were in pouring rain, including the early morning excursion in the dark. It was not something that got me jumping out of bed by any means and Juno was exactly the same.

I took down the bird nest boxes for their annual clean and was pleased to see that three of the six chambers had been used during the summer, two from the front garden box and one from the rear. In all cases it was house sparrows who used the spaces and there are certainly plenty of them around feeding everyday. It would be safe to assume some of them must have been our babies, surely.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...