Thursday, November 17, 2022

It’s a beautiful day


A complete contrast with the recent mornings walking in the rain, as Juno and I set out at 6.15 in the dry and it was most definitely much more enjoyable than trudging with hood up and face to floor avoiding the worst of the squalls.

After breakfast I walked across the golf course down to Verwood for a dental appointment at 9.00 which was all perfectly routine, very welcome after the pain of early summer when I was in agony but with no apparent cause. I listened to Brave New World on Audible as I walked and plugged myself back in after the dentist and walked to Joy's to meet up with Alison and to collect the car whilst she went off to do some Christmas shopping with Bridie. 

My task at Joy's was to cut the grass on the front lawn which was also covered in leaves from the apple trees and magnolia. The photo shows it looking pretty good afterwards with the sun coming round to warm the garden. I also got a list made of future tasks which include mending the side gate, digging over the veg plot, pruning back the pyrcanthus and laurel, clearing the moss from the path and patio and weeding the front drive. That ought to be enough to be getting on with although I also have some inside jobs like cleaning up the garden tools e.g. lawnmower, clippers and so on.

It was then time for a drive to Morrisons for the weekly grocery shop. We are buying a lot more own brand goods and they seem fine so far. However, just bought a small ketchup which is a big change from the usual Heinz. It is cheaper of course but will it be the same? I doubt it but we will see. We are not going to try changing from Heinz baked beans though. Every time I have had a different version of those they have been horrible. 

I got Juno out again before lunch and then took off for Wimborne to collect Maria from school ahead of dance. I finished reading My Name is Lucy Barton as I waited, book number 47 for the year.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...