Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Verwood hedging






I've ended up with over 25000 steps today following a busy day of dog walking and a run down to Verwood and back. Perhaps the best thing about the day has been the weather when, after a cold start, the sun shone throughout and it was warm enough for just a tshirt in the garden.

Before running to Verwood I had managed to relieve myself of the batch of green tomatoes I'd picked yesterday walking through the village to drop them off and receiving some medlar fruit in exchange. I'd never heard of it before and will need to search out how to use them online.

Glen had kindly dropped off the ladder and hedge cutters down at Joy's for me and I managed to get most of the front garden finished. The new ladder was great in helping me reach the thickest parts and I made good progress. Having decided to call it a day, I ran back and that finished me off. I was aching all over but there were another two dog walks and tea to make which we had whilst watching Miss Marple with Margaret Rutherford, old films which I have enjoyed many times before but they are fun.

I'm hoping the photos show the neatness of the hedges and also the view across the bridge at Horton Lane. 

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...