Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Durley Chine



And again, the sun is shining. I was in the wood with Juno at 6am and on the beach by 8.30 where I had a run toward Sandbanks and back, a little over 4 miles from Durley Chine. Once back I took a seat and listened to 6Music and the first broadcasts from Glastonbury where Lauren Laverne was excitedly welcoming crowds back after the pandemic cancellations. It was a joy to be sat in almost complete solitude under blue skies feeling the heat of the sun and ready for a swim.

The water was fine and I remembered my goggles this time which meant I could swim more easily for longer. The terns were diving into the sea fairly constantly indicating that there were plenty of sandeels around.

After some lunch I got on and cut our neighbour's hedge and got that cleared up before making tagliatelle in a tomato sauce for tea and then spending another couple of miles in the woods with Juno as the sun became less fierce. I am loving the heat and it doesn't seem to stop me getting on, as it used to. I crave that warmth these days.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...