Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Beautiful bike ride




It was another lovely day yesterday which made for warm dog walks, a roasting 5km run and then a bike ride round Wimborne St Giles out past the cress farm. I think I did some more hedge cutting after the garden watse bin had been emptied giving me room for the brambles and hawthorn that make up most of the side hedge. They are a lethal combination and I seldom emerge without multiple cuts to my knuckles and arms. It was business as usual from that perspective.

The bike ride was just under 13 miles in total and a real pleasure. There's something great about the way the speed of the bike creates enough wind to cool you down enough to make it less stressful in the heat and then there is the countryside, full of skylarks singing and swallows and house martins overhead. 

There was still time for a quick visit to the allotment on my way to collect Maria where I planted some more lettuce, picked some greens and gave everything a good soaking. The peas are looking great and one of the squashes has started making huge growth. Very exciting.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...