Sunday, May 01, 2022

Dawn and gardening





 I am losing track of the days with going to different allotments almost every day this week. Friday it was when Juno and I enjoyed a beautiful early morning walk at Remedy Oak golf course with the sun stretching through the trees before I was back on the bike. It really was a gorgeous morning for a ride and I did the almost 20 mile round trip happily, no frozen fingers or watering eyes this time.

I've got eveything prepared now and spent some time constructing a wigwam of bean sticks for french beans, adding to the framework for supporting the runner beans and planting more seeds. There is the big bed to plant out yet, so plenty of space to use, as well as the possibility of digging another small patch for planting.

Maria loved class 5 tonight and we had the added bonus of Joe asking if they could come and spend the weekend with us, the long weekend! So I managed to rustle up a big chilli and rice, along with olives and patatas bravas, hitting the right chilli notes in the accompanying tomato sauce for dipping the cubes of potato in. I mention it because it actually came together well despite the short notice.

No comments:

W allotment

I managed a good few hours at the bigger allotment yesterday which resulted in my preparing the final beds, the big one in particular, for p...