Monday, May 09, 2022

10km celebration



I hit 59 yesterday and am realising just how close to 60 I am! It's interesting, to me at least, how it seems such a huge landmark, especially when I compare it to 50. I guess having Maria being so young then and still being at work, that didn't signify much to me but 60 feels plenty old. Not that I mind, given the alternative but I am definitely aware that I am getting on and shouldn't be surprised at feeling more tired, taking longer to recover and so on.

Perhaps that's why I ended up running just over 10km yesterday, just to show I can still manage it, even at my age! It was such a beautiful morning again and I enjoyed the run. Gien how busy we have been recently, my preference for the day was to do absolutely nothing and I got my wish, with a very quiet day free from visitors and demands. Both Alison and I really benefitted from a break.

One really lovely part of the day was having breakfast in the front garden with the bistro set. The sunshine and the birds were great and again, very welcome.

No comments:

W allotment

I managed a good few hours at the bigger allotment yesterday which resulted in my preparing the final beds, the big one in particular, for p...