Friday, March 25, 2022

The weekend is here


The photo is of the sun setting over Woodlands just now, as I took Juno out for a final walk before settling down to a Friday evening. It's been another gorgeous day and I was out early again for a walk before going for a run for the first time in a week following the foot pain after the 15 mile trek last weekend. I did the 5km in a pretty good time and felt fine which was a relief.

Alison and I went litter picking and spent a bit of time with a neighbour having a look at his garden which is immaculate, although he is well into his 80s. He does have help from his sons these days but it looks as if the garden has been well tended for decades. 

I was out again shortly after and delivered a number of fliers advertising the village hall easter egg hunt in a few weeks before getting on my bike to try a ride with Juno. Glen mentioned having taken Rag recently so I thought I'dgive it a go. Not very confident at all to begin with, going down the hill with the dog tugging but we got the hang of it and once in the woods at Remedy Oak and Juno being off the lead, it was great. Juno got a long walk without taking a long time and she was nicely worn out for the afternoon.

The next activity was a ride to Verwood for a bottle of wine and a few beers before getting home for a bit of trumpet practice and duolingo. With Joseph off the bus I got on with the lasagne, garlic pizza bread and salad which went down very well. Now it's time to relax.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...