Thursday, March 24, 2022

Beautiful day in the sunshine





A very busy outdoors day in the sunshine once again. The wind has dropped over the past few days and it is now properly warm and very welcome too. The usual morning dog walk and then just after 8, a ride down to Verwood and onto Moors Valley where the lake was very still and skies entirely blue. I did 12 miles in total with a stop at Joy's where I spent some time cutting the front and back lawns, filling the bird feeders and sharpening the edging shears and hedge shears. The gardens are looking in good condition with lots of daffodils, the magnolia in full bloom and grape hyacinths too.

After another dog walk I was off to Wimborne where I parked at the school and walked down to the allotment where I strimmed the pathways, weeded and watered the broad beans, garlic and leeks, tidied the bean sticks, dug out a bed of nettles and had a general tidy up. On the walk back I stopped at The Green Man and grabbed a pint of bitter shandy before the walk up the hill to pick Maria up.

I'd had enough by then but had to take Juno out again which means I have neared 24,000 steps for the day and am pushing 17,500 steps on average every day. Great to be able to spend so much time outdoors though and enjoying lots of music, In Our Time and latest audbile book.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...