Wednesday, March 09, 2022

The Duke BH2


Alison and I used the meerkat 2 for 1 scheme to get tickets to see a film at BH2 in Bournemouth this morning, as part of our ongoing effort to ensure retirement isn't just looking after others and domestic chores. I'd been out the night before to celebrate Kev Trill's birthday and had the opportunity to meet up with friends who I have not seen for a number of years but it also meant drinking a bit which caused a slower than usual leaping out of bed.

However, Juno and I still did our almost 2 mile walk before 7.30a.m. and were back to see Joseph off on the bus before I was out for a 5km run in the pretty chilly wind. It was a straightforward run without headphones and I was a bit more on pace than I have been. Once back there was time for a walk with Juno before we were off to Bournemouth where the park is looking in pretty good condition other than the grass where the ice rink had been in the winter. It looked warmer than it turned out to be, so getting inside for the film was most welcome. We enjoyed The Duke which is pretty unchallenging but well put together and with warm performances all round.

Another walk for Juno then with a trip out to the golf course whilst listening to Cranford and then back to make the tea. That was lentil burgers, leftover chilli, vegan sour cream, potato wedges, chopped celery, tomato, cucumber and red pepper, plus chickpeas and finally mushy peas with olive oil, tomato, salt and lemon juice. The children tucked in which was good to see. Nice to keep the variety going.

No comments:

W allotment

I managed a good few hours at the bigger allotment yesterday which resulted in my preparing the final beds, the big one in particular, for p...