Thursday, March 10, 2022

Spring is all around





I was up late this morning but it wasn't my fault! Just before 3am I heard Juno whining and assumed she must need to go out which proved to be the case as she exploded as soon as we were out of the drive. Much better out there than inside but it still needed clearing up and that took some time and was followed by a short walk with me in my dressing gown and a pair of shorts and Juno still needing relief.

Once home I was far too awake for sleep and had a coffee before making my way back up at around 4.30. Not ideal and it meant I wasn't up until 7am when Juno and I got 1.5 miles in before a late breakfast. 

Being a Thursday it was jobs in Verwood day for me so I was off on the bike and around Moors Valley before taking myself to Joy's home. I saw the great white egret again and there was a cormorant just yards away today, drying itself after feeding in the lake. 

My list of jobs at Joy's included filling the bird feeders, planting some shallots and cutting the lawns, all of which I got done before the ride up to Woodlands where I got back in time to receive the equipment for the village litter pick over the weekend. 

Just having a coffee now before I head off to Wimborne allotment to get some work done there before collecting Maria after school but I have another dog walk ahead and a trip to the garden centre for some more early potatoes first.

The photos are from the golf course this morning and of the front and back lawns in Verwood, as well as a shot of a tidier shed. 

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...