Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Hale House party








We had a lovely evening at Glen and Harry's where they did us an evening meal. The house is after the Breamore turning to Woodgreen and on to Hale House which is just beautiful in the sunshine with wonderful gardens to walk in and allow the dogs to run around. All of us, including Joy on her first trip here, enjoyed our food and then being sat in front of the roaring fire.

This morning Juno and I managed to get out nice and early again and did our 1.75 miles into Remedy Oak golf course before breakfast. I took to the bike for a 12 mile ride with a stop in Verwood to fix the side gate, fill up the bird feeders and to plant some potatoes, onion sets and shallots which will keep Joy happy with the vegetable garden being used.

I won't be adding a lot more as she isn't that worried about much veg these days, just the ones she remembers doing with Robin in particular and being easy to look after and harvest. I would imagine we'll just add some runner beans in May and that will be it.

Back home, Juno and I set out for another good walk, 2 and a bit miles, listening to a book about the effect of geography on the world and conflict. Very interesting.

Alison and I sat in the conservatory for lunch and I got on with baking bread, a cheaper option than buying a loaf these days be far, cooking up some tomatoes, mushrooms, onions and celery for the pasta later today and also some red cabbage which I did with star anise and cloves to give it a bit of flavour. We'll see how that goes down!

The odd picture above, one not from Glen's, is of a red kite above Joy's house. I heard a gull calling loudly overhead and it was mobbing the kite very noisily. Nice to see a kite in Verwood!

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...