Monday, March 14, 2022

A gorgeous spring morning





Juno and I were out of the house by 6.15 and walked down to Remedy Oak golf course for a 1.75 mile walk in chilly first light. It was lovely, with the promise of a fair day ahead and so peaceful with just the bird sound for company. As well as the singing of the dunnocks, blue and great tits, song thrush and blackbird, we had the honking of geese over the woods, the drumming of woodpecker and the 'yaffle' call of the green woodpecker. 

To follow I was cooking, looking to batch cook or to at least replenish the freezer following the loss of our home cooked frozen food when the storm cut the power to the freezer a few weeks ago. 

*lentil burgers
*lentil soup
*hummus
*chilli
*bolognese sauce with aubergine
*granola for the week

Plenty of washing up but I was done by 10 which gave me the chance to walk Juno again and then ride about Woodlands for a bit so I could drop off the litter picking equipment I'd been given for the weekend. There are a dozen or so bags waiting for collection from the village hall which is less than usual apparently, so a good sign hopefully.

Time for a run later and then a trip to Glen and Harry's for tea with Maria, Joseph and and Joy. 

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...