Thursday, March 24, 2022

Belfast again


The photo is from the ride I did round Woodlands and towards Haythorne where there are plenty of daffodils and primroses. I'm riding a bit more at the moment as my foot is still sore from the weekend walk and it means I am getting out in lovely sunshine and emerging spring. Beautiful.

At lunchtime, Alison and I took advantage of Meerkat Movies and went to BH2 to enjoy Belfast, Alison for the first time, me for the second. It's a film I was happy to rewatch and I'm glad to say Alison loved it too, very emotional at the end. I think both of us recognised so much of our own childhoods from the film, despite not being from Belfast of course. The cultural references with TV shows like the original series of Star Trek, films at the cinema like Chitty, Chitty, Bang, Bang and films of TV like High Noon were all reminders of our viewing in those days, as well as being in the street playing, a bit of minor shoplifting and running away.


No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...