Sunday, March 13, 2022

Sunday morning blast

With Alison away in Brighton I had to delay taking Juno out for a proper walk until Maria had been collected for dance at 8.30. Once she was off, the dog and I took ourselves round Martins Farm and back round by the dairy farm in brighter weather after what looked to have been some heavy overnight rain. As soon as I was back and had fed Juno, I was out again to take part in the Woodlands' litter pick 2022, my patch being the area immediately around us. It is good to know the area as a whole is getting a good going over and I hope it keeps tidy for a while.

Once again I was no sooner back home than I was out for a run, this time down to Verwood to deposit a cheque received from EE refunding a returned phone from back in the autumn. It wasn't the refund so much as putting a stop to the debt collection letters I've been receiving regarding this returned phone, especially as I had already been in touch about it and they had acknowledged receipt of returned phone. That reminded me about the refund and they have clearly completed it correctly after several months.

I was pleased to run pretty quickly for a change and I was soon running back across the golf course and home to meet Alison who had just returned from Brighton. She was soon off to bed after a late night, so I made some dinner, jacket potatoes, salad, sausage rolls, friend mushrooms and green peppers in with cannellini beans ready for when I got back from collecting Maria from dance.

It was a very busy morning but I did get to listen to the final part of Cranford on audible and then watch a bit of the football.

Power of the Dog - Alison and I watched it on Friday evening and enjoyed it. Does it deserve to win all the awards it is said to be heading for? Not so sure about that, given it isn't a massive hit with the public and I can understand why. However, we definitely enjoyed it, more so than The Duke. 

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...