Saturday, February 12, 2022

Saturday morning update

After something of a lie in, Juno and I walked off into the woods at Remedy Oak golf course giving me the opportunity to catch up with yesterday's podcast from Kermode and Mayo. I was walking off the effects of few bottles of beer, wine and a couple of glasses of sloe gin and blackberry vodka which had ended with me falling asleep to music videos on Youtube and waking at 3am to make my way to bed for a more settled sleep.

I had forgotten how tired I had felt after all the walking and running yesterday and didn't really think about it as I set out for a run just after 10 which took me a little over 4 miles through the woods with very few sections on the road, something I enjoy more and more. Having made my way through wittertainment I was on to the History of England podcast which is up to the events prior to the Norman conquest. Harold Hardrada is being persuaded to invade England by Tostig Godwinson and William is waiting for favourable winds to carry him across the Channel. I can't wait to find out what happens next!

Alison has gone to collect Amelia who, having recovered from Covid, is here for a sleepover tonight. There is a birthday party first though, so Alison is there whilst Maria and I enjoy a quieter Saturday morning. There's 90 minutes of dance for Maria this afternoon, so I will take her to Studio One and spend the time taking Juno for a long walk in the woods off Uddens Industrial Estate.

I meant to mention having enjoyed the film Belfast on Thursday evening at the Tivoli. Not sure I could have managed longer than the 100 minutes or slightly less in the seats at the Tivoli but the film was well worth watching and the venue is great being so close and having a bar inside.


No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...