Tuesday, February 08, 2022

Allotment and cycling





After the usual long dog walk in the early morning, I got out on the bike to Wimborne to spend some time doing further preparation of the beds at the allotment. I managed 19 miles on the bike in fairly strong winds and was constantly grateful to the battery which meant I kept up an average speed of 15 miles an hour in spite of the conditions. On the way home in particular it was lovely to be able to relax and enjoy the scenery without being head down putting in a more considerable effort. No doubt it is still a pretty long ride with plenty of pedalling required but it is a real bonus having the buttons to press to help when the going gets tough.

I stopped in Wimborne first to top up jars of herbs in a new shop where you can add loose herbs to your old jars and the cost is so much less. Instead of a minimum of a pound for each jar, I was able to fill the empty jars, 3 of them, for a grand total of 77p! I also popped in to the Tivoli to book a ticket to watch Belfast on Thursday at their cinema. 

The allotment is already pretty up together but there was a fair bit of digging to do still. I got that done over the course of a couple of hours whilst listening to Half a Yellow Sun on Audbile. Next will be some weeding and checking out how the broad beans, onions and garlic are doing. 

There were at least 3 skylarks singing as I rode back, another sign of spring.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...