Monday, February 07, 2022

Moors Valley ride


I took the bike down to Verwood before lunch to return a book to the library and took 3 out before cycling down to the cemetery and then onto Potterne Park. It was a quiet path across to Moors Valley for a change and I had a nice ride to the lake to see what was there today. Little egret, coot, moorhen, herring gull, black headed gull and teal. The coots were displaying some familiar behaviour for the time of year, aggressively seeing one another off.

Once back home, I took Juno out for a walk and collected a few twigs and snapped branches which are great for lighting the woodburner once dried. It was very disappointing to see just how much litter had been cropped recently and so I went straight back out to do a litter pick on my return. There were 3 blossom hill wine bottles, a familiar sight sadly. They are a constant along the verges of Woodlands.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...