Wednesday, February 09, 2022

15000 steps before 9am










It was a gorgeous morning from the very start as you will see from the photos. I was struck at the sight of what I thought was Venus on the horizon as we walked up past Martins Farm and on checking Google, it turned out to be the case. What an amazing sight, so bright and clear. Once back from the dog walk with Juno, just under two miles as usual, I was back out for a run which began following the same route as the walk but then proceeded down into Verwood and back.

I took a few photos from there too looking over the heathland and there are also a couple which show the low bright sun as I ran down a narrow pathway bordered on the right by fields with cows and sheep looking almost like some kind of idealised version of a child's play farm. That was further enhanced by the presence of several ponds or lakes accompanied by the sound of honking geese. There were also buzzards about a lot today and I later saw a couple being mobbed by rooks as they tried to float on the warming air.

I managed to complete a little over 5 miles on the run listening to Frank Skinner's poetry podcast and then got on with feeding the birds and doing odd jobs around the place before our trip to Kingston Lacy.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...