Monday, January 31, 2022

Too cold to ride

I didn't think it was as cold this morning whilst out with Juno just after 7 but by the time I was out on my bike nearer 10, I just managed 5 miles before getting back indoors. My fingers were freezing cold, painfully so, the type of pain that when you run them under a warm tap it actually makes them feel worse. The skies were grey and the most notable birds were magpies and I had hoped to spend a bit more time bird watching.

Once inside I was straight back out for a 5km run which was much more enjoyable, this time with full gloves, not fingerless ones. 

Alison was out for the morning so I got on with making nut rissoles for tea and some lentil soup for lunch. With a bit of clear time in the afternoon I did some more exercises on the trumpet before reading for half an hour and then washing the car which has got filthy from all the muck on the icy roads.

Glen popped in as usual at lunchtime when he had finished work and was in good spirits, looking forward to his gig in Brighton.


No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...