Sunday, January 30, 2022

Frosty again







After an evening with the four children, we were grateful for them staying in bed until 7 and by the time I got out with the dog, it was properly light for a change. However, it was frosty once again but the sun has been out for most of the day. I took Evie and Amelia home and got the chance to see the loft ladder Joe has just put in working well, allowing him to start boarding the attic for more storage space. 

Once home I was out quickly for a run down to and around Verwood before coming back across the golf course. I did 4.5 miles which is pretty good going after the 5 mile yesterday. I'm definitely feeling fitter than for several months. I was listening to The Thursday Murder Club on audiobook, a choice which has surprised me. I have been avoiding the book after so much hype surrounding it and believing the lowest common denonmenator approach would make it an insufferable read or listen. To my surprise I've been enjoying it.

It was then time for lunch before Maria, Joseph and I set out for Glen's place. Bridie is still isolating after her positive covid test and Alison is feeling rough as, although the LTF tests are negative. We went for a walk with the dogs and loved the bright sunshine, the birdsong e.g. great tit and the wide open spaces for the dogs to really let rip. We did a couple of miles before spending an hour in his new house filling in forms and Glen kindly did the children pizza as they were starving.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...