Thursday, January 13, 2022

Stepping out for real






I am just back from a long walk whilst waiting for the motorhome to complete its MoT after the work required after last week's fail was carried out successfully. Thankfully it has been a beautiful day again and I enjoyed 4.5 miles listening to a new audible book, In Our Time and Jess Gillam's podcast. The motorhome is now ready for another year and is in good condition still. 

Earlier, I was down in Verwood, a 8.5 mile ride in total after popping into Morrisons and the library, as well as the Tesco Express to return a parcel to Amazon having ordered an additional set of mudguards for Alison's bike when it already has them. I filled the bird feeders at Joy's and did some sweeping up of the moss on the sidepath, presumably pulled off by birds, and tightened the fittings on the garden gates which had been rubbing recently.

Before that I had a lovely walk with Juno as first light came and the rooks and jackdaws took to the skies after their roost. There were hundreds above us as we walked beneath the cloudless sky, hence a hard frost. The light was perfect for some atmospheric photos. 

I've finished listening to 'Beautiful World Where Are You' by Sally Rooney. I enjoyed it a great deal, just like her previous two novels. 

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...