Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Horton bike ride





It was cold again this morning but I was out on the bike early to make the most of the blue skies and welcome sun. I went round Sutton Holms first before taking myself to Horton where I stopped to take some photos of the tower and the fields. It was a beautiful sight with the sun low in the sky and the grass wet with dew and melting frost. I took a circular route and stopped to get the binoculars out, seeing a buzzard in the distance, several redwing, more starlings and a group of 5 magpies perched in a tree. They were almost completely inactive which was surprising as the first signs of spring begin to emerge, there are green shoots in many places including our garden. With bird song now in evidence I would have thought the magpies would be starting to pair up and would be less tolerant of others.

The rest of the day promises to be similarly sunny which gives me the opportunity to get out again in a bit with a litter pick and more dog walking.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...