Sunday, January 23, 2022

No photos

I am not sure why the uploading of photos doesn't seem to be working at the moment but it does limit the posts somewhat. Never mind. It is mainly for my own recollection that I am writing here anyway.

On Friday Alison and I met up with Sandra at the allotment in Wimborne to take the dogs for a walk along the banks of the river Stour. It must have been the hardest frost of the week with really crunchy patches of frozen mud which had begun to thaw by the time we got back. There weren't many birds around which came as a surprise, although we got a lovely view of a little egret. Having a dog which loves to root around at speed may explain why there weren't many birds hanging around to be enjoyed.

Maria has been at dance a lot and has call backs for both solos and these take place after her tap exam later this morning. The number of sessions at Studio One ought to ease back for a few weeks after today. 

The garden is full of birds and I'm hoping for record numbers when we do the bird watch for the RSPB next weekend. There are so many blue tits, house sparrows, starlings, goldfinches and pigeons around, as well as the occasional nuthatch, small numbers of chaffinch and dunnock.

I had a 4.5 mile run yesterday and have been enjoying running or riding everyday again. It's getting me through a lot of podcasts and audiobooks.


No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...