Sunday, January 23, 2022

Bike ride to Edmondsham and beyond




Got the photos sorted again. These are from Wimborne St Giles where I paused during my 12 mile ride this morning. It was marginally warmer today but I still had the long gloves and leggings on when I took off for Edmondsham first and found myself watching a pair of magpies up ahead before taking myself across the main road to Cranborne and down toward St Giles where I paused by the bridge and enjoyed watching a group of about 10 senior citizen hikers piling out of their cars and pulling on their boots, a seemingly endless task. 

I went through Gussage St Andrew and took the road back to Horton before stopping off on Smugglers Lane for a longer look at the birds. There is a feeder on the side of a track next to some woodland and it was perfect for great views of chaffinches, blue, great and coal tits, blackbirds, dunnocks and a great spotted woodpecker, as well as a nuthatch. The woodpecker was dominant with its greater size and would hang on to the feeder upside down scaring away the smaller birds. It did leave plenty of scattered seed on the floor below for other birds to enjoy.
 

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...