Thursday, January 20, 2022

Brrrrr - not the best day for the heating to go off

It's been a cold day, after a cold night. Our air source heat pump had stopped but according to the hub, everything was fine. It took a call to the installer to establish the water pressure had dropped for some reason. All sorted now after he talked me through what to do and the radiators are warming up again. I think I'll light the lounge fire anyway so that the edge gets taken off the cold whilst the place heats up again.

I have been busy though. It was quite a day yesterday with a trip up to Southampton to meet with TSP to discuss becoming a trustee in their proposed venture to provide further support for students who are struggling in mainstream school. Lovely to have a chat with Luke and to catch up after our 50 mile walk last May. Not sure either of us has really recovered!

From there I parked at the Horns Inn and walked down the road past the old school. It was very odd seeing Oasis Lordshill again after a few years away and remembering the central role it played in my life for so long. I walked up to the old Oaklands site too and that is now just full of houses and flats. Lots of memories of course, even more so in meeting with JP after a long break due to covid restrictions. It didn't take long before it was all coming back to me and I feel quite guilty about just how much time and how much of me school took. It is such a dominant part of one's life and it doesn't take much for it to become unhealthily all consuming.

Another thing brought home to me was how far I was travelling back then and just took it for granted with a 50 mile round trip, the evening journey home being spent in queues at lights and roundabouts and in slow moving traffic on the motorway and dual carriageway. It seemed to take forever to get home. I'm way out of practice thankfully.

Today is the day we go to Verwood to help Joy and I ran down before filling bird feeders and doing more to the front gates to get them hanging correctly, not rubbing as they close against each other.

Plenty of reading and dog walking too which means I am doing pretty well with my resolutions for the year. 

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...