Monday, January 17, 2022

Monday bonus



I've got a lot of shifting around in the kitchen cupboards done today, made easier now we have a smaller space for gluten free food with Glen having moved into his own place with Harriet. Along with lots of hoovering and cleaning, I managed to fit in a bike ride, just 6 miles, so I could do some bird watching. I ended up seeing a couple of roe deer and watching one in the field happily grazing on the grass.

Over the road the field was full of emergent broad beans and there were plenty of rooks and jackdaws around. The calls of a magpie were repeated several times and I noticed the first catkins of the year, as well as seeds falling from on high, blown by the gentle wind from the honeysuckle. Signs of spring are all around now and the sunshine makes such a difference.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...