Monday, January 17, 2022

Bursting into Monday

 





It was another frosty start to the day which makes it a pleasure to take Juno out early with the ground hard underfoot and the sun beginning to rise at the same time as the moon is sliding out of sight. The photos get a sense of the frosty ground and of the moon seen through the Martins Farm wood, one of them showing it reflected in the small lake. I was back from my run before the sun really got going too, a 5km run and under 10 minute miles for the first time this year. I am slowly getting back into the whole running, walking and riding routine but I have accepted that as I near 60, I ought to be a bit easier on myself and not push for quicker times, concentrating on just getting out there.

Plenty of cleaning ahead after the best part of three weeks of visitors and time to crack on with the allotment, garden and spring cleaning. I am sure there will be plenty of other things cropping up , and the weather will continue to impact on plans on occasion but the dormant days of winter are giving way to spring and before we know it, the clocks will be going forward once more.


No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...