Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Frosty Tuesday

Today has been the frostiest of the recent spate of frosty starts and it made for a lovely dog walk just after 7 this morning when once again the huge numbers of rooks and jackdaws were taking flight after their roost and filling the skies with the sound of their calls. 

After a busy sorting out day yesterday with lots of jobs around the house, I was back on the bike today for a ride to the allotment where the broad beans are doing well, protected now from eager mouths by the netted cloche, as are the garlic and onion sets. I found yet more beetroot as I dug over one of the beds and can see there are leeks and turnips to be had still. 

The bike is suiting me well as it gives the option to turn off the assistance, which not only saves battery life but also increases the workout. However, the final push for home is certainly benefiting from the motor and I can ease up the couple of steep hills from Horton and not get back completely spent. 18.5 miles on a very cold morning but I learnt from last time and added an extra pair of socks and a jumper, as well as two snoods, to ensure it wasn't an unpleasant experience.


No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...