Monday, January 24, 2022

January Monday

It ought to be said right away that Monday mornings no longer carry the same weight as in the past for me given that I am retired, so it was lovely to be up after a good weekend to put Joseph on the school bus for the first time; this because being out of catchment he has had to wait for a space, and to then take Juno out for a nice long walk. Once home I took off again for a run which took me just over 4 miles with positive splits including the final third of a mile at well under 9 minute mile pace. Certainly feeling like it is improving but I do keep reminding myself that times aren't important. I want to be able to relax and enjoy what I am seeing as I run rather than feel obliged to go head down and keep plugging away at increasing pace.

Alison and I then drove over to Glen's and spent a couple of hours with him, including a walk along the River Avon with Glen and Rag. Juno was beside herself with excitement and loved the open fields to bounce over.

In the afternoon I got down to cooking fairly soon after returning, lasagne and a few chips, salad, veg for the children and ended up pretty pleased with the resulting tea which Bridie and Joseph joined us for.

 

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...